Show All Results
Senior Scientist Process and Analytical Development
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The ideal candidate will develop and implement analytical solutions of difficult scope and complexity for process development and scale-up as well as transfer analytical methodologies to GMP quality control groups for a wide range of bio-organic and biological R&D products. The candidate will work on a team focused on delivering new insights and technologies in the pharmaceutical and/or specialty chemical industries.
The Senior Scientist Process Analytical Development will lead analytical project efforts, deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality, and represent analytical on cross-functional project core teams with representatives from Project Management, Process / Bioprocess Chemistry, Engineering, Manufacturing, QC, and QA. Qualify and evaluate analytical methods for the transfer to cGMP Quality Control laboratories for method validation. Deliver timely and comprehensive written (laboratory notebooks, SOPs, and development and qualification protocols/reports) and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders. Interact on a regular basis with the project/product managers and customers to understand the project requirements and deliver effectively. Excel in a team environment through concise and transparent communication and effective collaboration. Contribute to or lead technical departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives. Availability to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Position requires lifting/pushing/pulling of 50lbs
- Utilize all required PPE
- Position requires routine use of all quantities of all classes of chemicals
- Position requires extended work in a dry room environment
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in an Analytical or Bio-Analytical Chemistry with 5+ years of industrial experience – OR - Master’s Degree in Analytical or Bio-Analytical Chemistry with 7+ years of industrial experience – OR - Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of industrial experience
- Extensive hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of 5 or more of the following bio/analytical technologies including: chromatography (HPLC/GC/IC/UPLC/LC-MS/GC-MS/SEC/HILIC/), electrophoresis (capillary CGE or iCE and traditional gel techniques), SDS-PAGE, immunoassays (ELISA, western blot, and dot blot), enzyme kinetics, and plate-based biochemical assays, absorption spectroscopy, slope spectroscopy, protein characterization, protein functional assays, FTIR, NMR, wet chemistry and/or USP methodologies.
- Customer-facing experience.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a matrix organization and consistently demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and independence.
- Experience with antibody-drug conjugation and/or analysis are a plus.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are required. The candidate should be able to efficiently communicate concepts to both specialist and general audiences.
- Champion new analytical technologies that can be applied to process and drug development.
- Ability to coordinate information exchange and manage data generated by contract testing labs.
- Current knowledge of small molecule or bio-therapeutics drug development process.
- Well-versed in regulatory requirements to assure appropriate design and execution of drug development and manufacture.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.