Show All Results
QC Logistics Technician 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the QC Logistics Technician 3 will perform a variety of functions according to established protocols in support of the Quality Control testing laboratories.
- Safely perform operations, ensuring quality expectations are met throughout the process.
- Sample logistics functions including material movements in SAP, bulk sampling, analytical weigh-ups, delivery to labs, sample retain management, ship materials to outside labs, etc.
- Weigh chemicals with correct amount of precision, as dictated by the type of assay and quantity of product required.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, restock lab, waste disposal, material deliveries, etc.).
- Independently review hazards of materials prior to use to determine appropriate handling procedures and PPE required
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in process improvements under the guidance of Supervisor.
- Report and take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to process requirements in a continuous change environment
- Use lean and six sigma practices to optimize efficiency and eliminate waste from process flow
- Maintain (clean, calibrate, etc.) equipment using established protocols
- Maintain a clean audit-ready work area
- Keep current on all training requirements
- Driven to perform individually and as a member of a team
- Approaches all tasks with an independent initiative
- Independently review safety data sheets and determine appropriate handling precautions and personal protective equipment required.
- Position requires lifting/pushing/pulling of 80lbs
- Utilize all required PPE
- Position requires routine use of all quantities of all classes of chemicals
- Position requires extended work in a dry room environment
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Associate Degree in the Life or Physical Sciences OR HS Diploma / GED Equivalent with 2+ years of experience working in the chemical industry.
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life or Physical Sciences preferred
- Experience working with SAP
- Experience with Microsoft Office platforms
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.