Show All Results
GMP Construction Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The GMP Construction Lead position leads the construction phase of capital and infrastructure projects to achieve business objectives. The role will work with General Contractors, skilled construction workers, internal skilled resources, and Engineers. You will coordinate schedules with stakeholders and manufacturing, manage the day to day project activity, and manage the knowledge transfer from end of project to manufacturing startup. Included is responsibility for the Turnover package to site support teams including AutoCAD drawings, PM plans, spare parts, asset records, and knowledge transfer. The incumbent will assist the Global Engineering team with the project construction leadership.
Reporting to the Head of GMP Maintenance and Engineering, the incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the General Contractor and/or skilled construction resources while maintaining focus on the sites’ objectives.
- Manages all aspects of construction jobs. Works with contractors daily to complete work on schedule.
- Responsible for project knowledge transfer to site manufacturing and maintenance teams.
- Supports the capital planning and reporting.
- Supports the Management of Change process and utilizes good documentation practices.
- Ensures that team utilizes safe work practices.
- Issues work permits regularly. May also perform job hazard analysis, equipment assessments, failure fault trees, and risk assessments to drive continuously safe culture.
- Responsible for the efficient scheduling and planning of Construction, Maintenance, and Calibration activities to meet schedules. Collaborate with Operations and Engineering to develop integrated planning.
- Responsible to create job plans and kit required instructional documents, materials, and specialty tools for scheduled activities. Purchase material as needed.
- Ensure GMP compliance (e.g. work order processing, good documentation practices, compliance to change management process, deviation review, CAPA assignments, etc.)
- Responsible for installation and maintainability of GMP utilities such as but not limited to HVAC, compressed gases, process water, clean steam, chilled water, etc.
- Responsible for installation and maintainability of GMP facilities and equipment such as cleanrooms, glove box isolators, HEPA filtration, and some process equipment.
- Responsible for the performance and results of the construction team including safety, quality, reliability, and availability of assets metrics.
- Perform Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis to resolve issues, develop options, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Create and/or rationalize existing preventative and predictive maintenance tasks in SAP and assist with the development of new asset records in SAP.
Who you are:
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.