Show All Results
Applied Technology Specialist - East
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As part of a growing segment, you will be a field-based technical sales specialist within the Applied Division with focus on the Advanced Analytical portfolio. The industrial and testing market segments are target areas with emphasis on the Research Division, Pharma (Pharma QC). You will be responsible for scientific discussions and developing relationships with customers with the main goal of driving the adoption of our vast Advanced Analytical portfolio, discussing how our products are used in the customer's experiments and collecting objective feedback. Be a subject matter expert in the analytical workflow and be able to become fully versed and support new product introductions in the adjacent workflows.
- In coordination with the account manager, assist with support, sales plans and strategies for active and potential business for analytical workflows
- Identify and understand customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicate these solutions to customers
- Have intimate knowledge of research/testing applications to position our analytical product offering, to empower our customers to solve their challenges
- Ability to build scientific credibility with customers, the commercial organization, and marketing
- Deepen and broaden MilliporeSigma customer relationships with key scientific leaders
- Assist Account Managers with account mapping by having a comprehensive understanding of the customer's research, business initiatives, R&D organizational structure, and new technology evaluation/implementation processes
- Set-up, coordinate and deliver customer-facing technical presentations differentiating the MilliporeSigma offer
- Tailoring of technical content to the customer
- Provide support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to account managers and customers
- Provide knowledge of competition and the current marketplace
- Partner with Commercial Marketing and Product Management to ensure the successful launch of innovative analytical products ensuring commercial success through engagement with the field sales teams and directly with the customer; generation and implementation of materials supporting strategic and tactical sales initiatives
Who you are:
- MS degree with 4+ years’ experience, or PhD
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively handle customer problems and support the sales team’s efforts
- Strong presentation and selling skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrix environment
- Rapidly acquire technical knowledge of MilliporeSigma innovations and position them into workflows and technical selling
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver revenue commitments in accordance with targets
- High level of curiosity and a positive approach to embracing change
- Ability to travel regularly (40-50%), overnight travel is dependent on home location
- Computer literacy is mandatory (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, SalesForce, etc.)
- Must live within the territory. No relocation packages are available
- Ph.D. with 2+ years’ experience in a sales role
- Prior field Sales, Marketing or Customer experience is preferred
- Degree in analytical chemistry or related field with a minimum 3 years of industrial experience or equivalent
- Experience in the following techniques/workflows including sample prep: liquid and chromatography, LC-MS, GC-MS; Ideally measuring both small and large molecules
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.