Show All Results
EHS Engineer I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The EHS Engineer I executes Environmental, Health, and Safety support services under the direction of the EHS Manager for the Temecula and Ramona sites including but not limited to EHS training, compliance program completion and related filings, permit filing, OSHA reporting and filing, site auditing, deviation responses, recordkeeping, root cause investigations and risk assessments; and development of Injury and Illness Prevention Programs.
- Support EHS KPI’s
- Support ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Provide EHS guidance and required training
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- 1+ years’ experience in an EHS role within a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years’ experience with ISO14001, environmental regulations, chemical safety, ergonomics, fall protection, respiratory protection, lab safety, DOT and IATA regulations, Bloodborne Pathogens, and biosafety practices
- 1+ years’ experience with behavior-based safety observations
- Experience in Development of Injury and Illness Prevention Programs
- Six Sigma Blue Belt certification (or higher) or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and multiple locations; excellent time management skills
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems with ingenuity and innovation
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with outside contacts
- Ability to conduct Job Hazard Analyses and manage corrective actions
- Ability to complete environmental permitting requirements
- Ability to contribute to development of new EHS concepts, techniques, and standards
- Ability to participate in activities associated with job hazard analysis, industrial hygiene monitoring, hazardous waste identification, collection and disposal, wastewater treatment, spill control and emergency planning, contractor safety, and safety engineering reviews.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.