Show All Results
Emerging Biotech Market Development Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who you are:
The Emerging Biotech Market Development Manager will develop and drive focused programs aimed at increasing the visibility and awareness of MilliporeSigma to the high potential emerging biotech customer base in North America. This role requires product and applications knowledge across the MilliporeSigma Life Science product and services portfolios, especially focused on the Process Development needs of the emerging/start-up customer, and the ability to apply this knowledge to initiate and drive creative programs with the goals of increasing customer satisfaction, developing and strengthening key partnerships, and increasing Seeding and Sales opportunities for the North American Emerging Biotech Sales team. This role resides within the North America Commercial Americas field sales organization, partnering with the Emerging Biotech sales team to foster creative outreach programs, track progress and measure success. The position requires collaboration, project organization & program management, pro-active market analysis, and partnership with the BioProcess Segment Marketing and Research Solutions teams to coordinate promotional efforts, seminars, events, resources, tools, and grant programs focused on biotech incubators and early stage start-ups. Other requirements include high level networking aptitude, attendance at industry conferences and networking events, and strong presentation skills.
- Coordinate incubator/accelerator programs: quarterly and annual financial analysis, communication of incubator/accelerator relationships
- Coordinate and support local & national events and strategic campaigns in partnership with local sales teams and Segment marketing
- Facilitate and track Emerging Biotech Business Objectives, Monitor KPIs and Dashboards
- Develop and maintain Emerging Biotech hunting tools and resources to prioritize accounts and support sales efforts
- Track biotech incubator resident and graduate companies across NA
- Participate on projects and teams in support of expanding MS visibility across the Emerging Biotech Ecosystem
- Gather and communicate biotech industry intel: Analyze venture capital funding trends, mergers & acquisitions, technology trends, incubator/accelerator development, procurement consortia
- Produce a quarterly newsletter reflecting the NA Emerging Biotech team’s activities, events and success stories
- Maintain Team sites, update shared presentations and tools.
- US field based with the ability to travel at least 50%, mainly to biotech hub locations (Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, chemistry, biology or similar discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in the biotech/pharma industry in sales and/or marketing.
- Graduate degree (MS, PhD, or MBA) is beneficial and preferred. Project Management/Six Sigma certification is beneficial.
- Project management experience: broad business perspective, ability to influence others is essential. Organized, detail-oriented, strong problem-solving skills.
- Preferably located in Boston, Philadelphia, or San Francisco Bay areas, with ability to travel at least 50%, mainly to biotech hub locations (Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area)
- Proficient with sales/marketing tools (sales reporting, Salesforce.com, Palantir, or similar), and knowledge of business financial systems.
- Advanced Analytical Skills: Excel skills, sales analysis and account/incubator tracking. Strong issue identification and problem analysis, with the ability to create and execute solutions based on the gathered data.
- Project Management/Six Sigma certification is beneficial.
- Familiarity with MilliporeSigma Life Science or other major life science supplier portfolios
- Strong strategy development and planning skills: Knowledge of biotech industry resources/newsletters/websites to gather and summarize trends and translate into focused, creative outreach programs. Adaptable and flexible for rapid response to VC funding news and new customer engagement.
- Pro-active collaborator in a highly matrixed organization: Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders and develop consensus. Effective interpersonal communication, written and verbal. Team oriented, results driven, self-motivated and energetic.
- Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal and written presentation. Demonstrated ability to organize, analyze, present and report results.
- Creative aptitude for development of local marketing resources and tools.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.