Show All Results
Legacy Versum [리가시 버슘] Project Engineer (시화)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Leads project development and execution activities of complex projects aimed at new asset creation or significant modifications to the existing assets to our company.
- Ensures adequate upfront scope definition and Front-End Engineering that aligns to the desired business risk and contingency targets.
- Develops project execution strategy, assigns project resources, secure external resources as needed, and provides overall project management of major/complex capital programs.
- Establishes tools, processes and effective communications from start to finish for execution of complex capital projects of various sizes including selection of execution strategy, process scope development, estimating, project planning, hazard review, detailed design, contractor selection, construction management, safety management, commissioning and project closure.
- Effectively leads project execution across Asia to achieve project objectives — cost, quality, schedule and safety, for the full range of capital projects executed by our company.
- Ensures that assigned resources meet or exceed the business requirements of safety, capital spending control, progress milestones, project execution quality and effective resource utilization.
- Enforces change management discipline during project execution.
- Keeps abreast of market developments in key project management and execution skill areas, and seeks to introduce improvements into our company.
- Demonstrates flexibility in identification and implementation of project engineering strategies. Provides benchmarking of industry project engineering practices as required.
- Identifies and utilizes internal and external alliances to optimally leverage resources.
- Supports the assessment of technical capabilities of suppliers, EPCs, and contractors.
- Provides reporting strategy and execution for efficient capital projects tracking and adjustments.
- Solves unique or complex project management problems, developing innovative solutions and services.
Who You Are?
- Engineering degree with technical design experience
- 15+ years of experience, preferably with a variety of engineering design activities, project definition, estimating and project management functions.
- Experience in executing projects of varying levels of complexity, both inside and outside Korea.
- Experience with specialty chemicals projects is a significant plus.
- Ability to lead supply contract reviews with EPCs and other suppliers.
- Knowledge of robust project engineering systems, as well as awareness of best practices in use by specialty materials companies. Must demonstrate ability and flexibility to identify the appropriate solutions for project development and execution based on project requirements and business expectations.
- Proven experience as a senior member of an engineering leadership team, helping to identify and develop skilled engineering resources.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to interface with many groups, and be able to translate complex issues into actionable concepts.
- Ability to travel both domestically in Korea and internationally to Taiwan and China.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Very strong combination of Project Engineering and Leadership skills.
- Strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of executing specialty materials manufacturing processes.
- Experience in executing small to large capital projects (up to $100MM) using various execution strategies including use of contract engineering design, construction and procurement (EPC).
•보훈대상자 및 취업보호대상자는 관련법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
•지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다
•(The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.