Show All Results
Associate Scientist 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is lab-based and involves the conduct of studies using small lab animals for regulatory-driven, biosafety studies. You will be responsible for the administration of test material via various routes of injection; daily animal care (cage changing); performing clinical observations and maintaining records/study data in accordance with GLP/GMP practices; conducting assigned testing with minimum supervision with constraints of the lab scheduling; perform peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT); perform testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP/GLP) and more. May assists with training of laboratory personnel as needed or assigned. Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols and processes.
The position requires the use of computer programs such as LIMS, Word, Excel and BRIQS will be necessary to document findings and/or observations in the laboratory. Some weekend work will be required.
- Candidates must not be allergic to small animals/rodents (rabbit, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, rats)
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs without assistance
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological sciences discipline (i.e. Biology, Animal Science, Microbiology, etc.) with 1+ years working experience in a laboratory setting – OR –
- Associate degree in a biological sciences discipline (i.e. Biology, Animal Science, Microbiology, etc.) with 3+ years working experience in a laboratory setting
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological sciences discipline (i.e. Biology, Animal Science, Microbiology, etc.) with 1+ years working experience in a laboratory setting
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong and effective communication and collaboration skills
- Good MS Office Suite experience and experience with LIMS
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.