Show All Results
Director of CDMO Strategy
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Our Manufacturing Services offering has been growing rapidly over the last 5 years. As part of one of the Process Solutions key strategic pillars, we are looking to ensure the long-term growth of the business. We have a new role as the Director of CDMO Strategy to help us define the expansion roadmap and future growth strategy.
Your role: As the Director of CDMO Strategy, you will manage different projects and sub-projects related to CDMO manufacturing services within Process Solutions. You will support all current and future strategic initiatives and be responsible for the strategic financial activities. You will provide strategic planning direction through significant interaction with business leadership, serving as an advisor and thought partner by challenging conventional wisdom and approaches. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creation of business cases, financial modelling, strategic financial planning, etc.
- Strategic thinking ability to see the current and future business within a broader context
- Quickly synthesize implications and growth opportunities for the business to both internal and external audiences
- Stay up to date on technical and scientific details of biopharmaceutical manufacturing
- Be seen, and contribute as a Thought Leader in the industry
Who you are:
- BS degree 10+ years’ experience, MS degree 5+ years’ experience, PhD 3+ years’ experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business and/or Science
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Strategy or Management Consulting ideally in the Life Sciences industry
- Understanding of new technologies and trends in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Ability to think critically and analytically about all business problems
- Strong experience with financial modeling (i.e. creating business cases, revenue forecast, etc.)
- Strong communication across different management levels to foster collaboration, drive alignment, and achieve results
- Global travel up to 20%
- Advanced scientific degree with MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the CDMO market
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, energetic, team-oriented environment. Willing to constructively contribute to and debate key issues affecting the organization across multiple areas
- Ability to speak German, French, or other languages is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.