Show All Results
Manager, Contract Manufacturing Production Planning
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Production Planning Manager is responsible for leading the production planning and purchasing teams in support of Contract Manufacturing operations in the following sites: St. Louis, MO, Madison/Verona, WI, and Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Manage activities of planning and scheduling group to achieve targeted service levels while controlling operational and inventory costs. Meet established objectives. Support employees in Planning and Scheduling while acting as a technical resource, business leader, and mentor. Partner closely with Sales, Demand Planning, Project Management and Marketing to ensure that customer forecasts and inquiries are well understood at the operations level. Utilize capacity models for long term business planning. Maintain and monitor work performance of employees. Assist operations with throughput, efficiency, volume, capacity utilization, on time data and quality issues. Drive strategic discussions in support of future operational and business growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead teams in support of planning and purchasing activities at the respective sites.
- Develop and execute strategy for production planning in support of the operations and commercial goals for the business.
- Lead Sales and Operations Planning meetings with key business partners as well as additional business-related discussions.
- Support Site Leadership at responsible sites with OP planning, business cases, and headcount requests.
- Support global planning initiatives (inventory reductions, strategic initiatives, etc)
- 25-30% travel is required in this position.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business or technical field (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Statistics).
- Experience in CMO or API manufacturing setting desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations, supply chain and/or Lean manufacturing is required.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or management experience required.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Experience across multiple disciplines, or experience with multi-department exposure is desired.
- Minimum 2 years of Supply Chain, Inventory Control or Planning/Scheduling experience desired.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.