Show All Results
Production Operator II
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Follow SOP and Relevant WI for Batch Mixing, Filtration and Package Activities in both AZM and BBM as requested
- Perform material inventory control through physical inventory and computer system (such as SAP, etc.), including releasing materials to the relevant batches of products.
- Maintain batch records, and enter testing results into system (e.g., SAP, etc.).
- Clean and prepare production equipment (e.g., kettle, line, pump, filter housing, etc.)
- Sampling from Various Package, including raw materials, finished products and Stock solutions
- Production area, warehouse, office area and cleanroom housekeeping
- Packaging Inspection
- Hazardous Waste Handling and Inspection
- Calibration of Manufacturing Equipment
- Carton (Box) Assembly
- Connecting and disconnecting process equipment
- Operation of various Liquid Particle Counters inside and outside of cleanroom environment.
- Bottling and Drumming of Finished Products in AZM and BBM, through Automatic Packaging Line and Semi-Manual Fill Station
- Purge and clean of Fill Manifold
- Relabel, Repour and Recaps Finished Goods as requested
- The employee is to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles with or without face shell, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes, etc.) and other personal protection equipment PPE to protect himself/herself from chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- The work area may be both indoor and outdoor, and occasionally be wet, humid, hot or cold.
- The employee needs to have the ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignments.
- The employee will occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and may be required to do so of more poundage with assistance.
- The employee will need to use a computer and other office/manufacturing equipment to complete assignments.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of working experiences in chemical industries or chemical related technical institutions.
- College degree in a science or technology discipline.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to understand written Work Instruction.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate forklift or hand pallet truck.
- Ability to operate weighing and measuring devices.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.