Show All Results
Sr. ALD Process Engineer
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role: In this role, you will work with other technology team members including materials scientists, device, process and electrical test engineers to solve time critical technology challenges and develop unique solutions for customers in collaborative development partnerships.
You will have the opportunity to
- Drive improvements in ALD systems and process workflows (substrate treatments, post deposition anneals etc.) to enable reliable and efficient deposition of various materials with different target unit film material properties (crystallographic phase, resistivity, dielectric function etc.).
- Work independently to develop ALD processes of various materials for use as functional/active layers in memory device stacks while interfacing with other team members/groups to utilize these layers in devices that meet or exceed customer specifications (e.g. J, EOT etc.).
- Connect process conditions, physical characterization, and electrical response towards understanding of mechanisms.
- M.S. degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or other related field
- 10+ years of experience in ALD development, semiconductors or related field
- 10+ years experience with atomic layer deposition (ALD) process development, semiconductor materials design, physical and electrical characterization for advanced memory applications
- Ph.D. degree in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or other related field
- Working experience with developing or characterizing interfaces and thin film stack interactions, emphasis on stacks deposited with ALD for memory applications.
- Experience with precursor selection or design for ALD processing
- Experience with both oxide, nitride, and metal ALD deposition
- Familiarity with common thin-film characterization techniques including: XRR, XRD, XRF, SEM, TEM, Ellipsometry, Auger, SIMS, RBS, XPS
- Ability to engage with customers on a highly technical basis
- Background in materials development for advanced memory technology (DRAM, PCRAM, OTS etc.)
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with high commitment to work quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide robust solutions based on solid technical background
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.