Show All Results
Senior Manager, US Medical Information
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
You will support the Neurology and Immunology (N&I) team by ensuring accurate and scientifically balanced responses to unsolicited medical information inquiries are created. You'll provide guidance to contact center (CC) as needed to ensure the accurate, scientifically balanced, and timely fulfillment of medical information inquiries. You will manage the Medical Resources Website (MRW) including: all MRW activities and processes related to the maintenance, updates, renewals, and customer usability; initiate and/or oversee updates to other internal/external websites (ie, EMD Serono corporate website, PhactMI website, etc) where medical content is posted or referred to; obtain review and approval through the relevant Promotional and Scientific Materials Review (PSMR) as appropriate. Support relevant congresses. Serve as medical reviewer for multi-brand PSMR. Work with leadership to update, develop, organize job aids that assist in the processing of medical information inquiries. Generate key performance indicator (KPI) and insight reports regarding USMI inquiries received and website usage and disseminate to senior leadership. Follow regulatory guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to Medical Information, documentation and dissemination of information.
Who you are:
- Recognized subject matter expert for N&I and all products related to that business unit; a key internal contact for stakeholders who influences others and communicates complex concepts
- A leader who can drive a high-performance culture with Contact Center staff including: quality monitoring (QM) of written communication with HCPs/patients; provide feedback to CC staff to ensure complete and accurate responses to inquiries; collaborate to improve quality of responses; identify training gaps
- Able to work with leadership to update, develop, organize job aids that assist in the processing of medical information inquiries or other activities relevant to the operations of the Medical Information department
- Possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, PharmD, MD, etc) with 3+ yrs or Masters with 6+ yrs of experience in similar role or function
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry within a medical information/communication function required
- Mastery of medical terminology and medical literature
- Thorough understanding of regulatory, legal, and industry guidelines and requirements related to the practice of medical and drug information in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Scientific and/or clinical experience within N&I strongly preferred
- Able to build and maintain strong internal and external partnerships. Excellent oral and written communication skills required; ability to speak professionally to healthcare professionals and patients
- Solutions oriented – identifies and addresses areas for improvement
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Takes innovative approach to solving problems; able to work independently
- Fluent in English
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Able to perform normal and routine office duties
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.