Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Maintenance Supervisor will manage the team that maintains the facilities and equipment supporting GMP manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) at our Madison and Verona locations. Travel between facilities is approximately a 5-15 minute drive.
Reporting to the Site Head of Engineering and maintenance, this role is responsible for day-to-day supervision of the maintenance department and implementation of the preventive maintenance program. The team supports sites that perform contract manufacturing of clinical and commercial APIs, including High Potent compounds. The facilities meet EU and FDA compliance criteria and are subject to frequent regulatory and customer audits.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordination of the technical maintenance function supporting all facilities, including office and operational areas. You will have responsibility for maintenance, repair, metrology, change management and preventative maintenance of equipment and facility to ensure that the areas are maintained in accordance with all safety, quality, cGMP and applicable regulatory requirements. You may be able to establish strong collaborative relationships with all departments within the organization to plan and schedule facility maintenance commitments and deliver results on schedule.
Work schedule:Day shift, 8am - 5pm M-F. May be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hour's duty as needed
- Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, and predictive activities. Track and trend data as documented in SAP PM
- Communicate work priorities to the maintenance team and track performance through departmental specific metrics
- Schedule and coordinate daily workload for maintenance and metrology personnel ensuring efficient use of resources with minimum plant shutdown time
- Identify, qualify and oversee contractors needed to perform specialty work, or to address high volume workloads such as during planned shutdowns
- Coordinate all facility maintenance activities with relevant stakeholders at the sites including Production, Quality, Project management, Planning & Scheduling and Engineering
- Manage and support Preventative Maintenance programs, planned facility shut downs, and proactive equipment reliability assessments to ensure maximum plant capacity
- Provide strong leadership to maintenance team including hiring, developing and retaining skilled talent. Manage performance of the team, write performance reviews and provide communication through department and 1:1 meetings with all team members
- Assist in the coordination and construction of engineering projects within the site as needed
- Provide leadership and organize departmental staff to meet deadlines without compromising safety or quality
- Ensure all documentation, including department specific SOPs, calibration records, change controls, deviations and CAPA are created and maintained to GMP standards
- Ensure appropriate technical training is provided for maintenance personnel
- Maintain spare parts inventory and shop equipment and maintain safe and organized work areas by implementing 6S
- Use department resources efficiently and work within departmental budge
- Works near moving mechanical parts wearing appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment
- Wearing of “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles
Lifting of up to 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of heavy materials to complete assignment. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or other related discipline
- 2 + years leadership experience
- 2+ years Regulatory or GMP experience
- 2+ years project management experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 6+ years experience in a leadership role
- 6+ years Regulatory or GMP experience
- 6+ years project management experience
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment and systems, as well as typical support utilities such as HVAC, high purity water, and process heating/cooling
- SAP experience
- Green belt or other operational excellence certification
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis capabilities
- Joureyman or Jouneyman Electrician experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.