Show All Results
Scientist, Analytical Quality Control
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Millipore Sigma, Round Rock, is seeking to hire an experienced analytical scientist for its Analytical Quality Control (AQC) operations. The individual will be responsible for testing of neat materials and reference standard solutions primarily by UHPLC and UHPLC/MS techniques (LC/TQ and TC/Q-TOF). Additional testing such as GC, GC/MS, KF, ROI, and/or NMR assigned as needed and in alignment with experience.
The Scientist will use their experience and education to solve problems, optimize processes, develop new processes and methods. Your responsibilities also maintenance and qualification of analytical instrumentation, review of data to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with quality requirements and method development and validation. The successful candidate will need to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and quality-oriented regulated environment, will work well under pressure, as a member of a team, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber, and tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses, and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree life sciences discipline with 4+ experience in a regulated environment (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO)
- 4+ years of experience in separations science, in an analytical and/or bioanalytical lab by UHPLC and/or UHPLC/MS.
- 4+ years of experience with instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in an analytical lab analyzing neat materials for chemical purity and solution standards a plus.
- Strong technical foundation and excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills are necessary.
- Mission-driven individual with multi-tasking skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.