Show All Results
Process Development Team Supervisor
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Independently lead a team of chemists, engineers, or other technical personnel to support the growth and operations throughout St. Louis campus. The role leads team members driving changes to existing operations and processes to improve operational efficiency, process yield, and success rate for manufacturing processes.
- Work directly with customers to understand and develop solutions to their needs
- Identify key process parameters and their impact on product quality
- Develop and modify formulations, methods, and controls to meet quality specifications
- Recommend and implement improvements, modifications or additions to processes
- Continually improve process flows related to new business by driving change within team and Operations. Work with leaders of ancillary groups to reduce cycle time of product launches.
- Create effective systems to determine good business decisions related to project priority across all inputs: custom business, new-to-catalog business, operations support, and Operational Excellence.
- Map out and communicate long term strategy for the team to meet annual goals. Provide status updates and make changes to plan as inputs progress throughout the year.
- Support technical and project management teams in determining reasonable project timelines, milestones, and budget.
- Remove roadblocks related to equipment and infrastructure deficiencies and systems-related issues.
- Justify capital expenditures to increase the team’s efficiency and support improvements to Operation’s processes.
- Work with Operations leaders to identify improvement programs and work with Product Management and R&D to identify new business programs.
- Support the maintenance of production records and documents.
- Maintain and adhere to project timelines, schedule, and cost utilizing sound project management principles.
- Attend and/or lead cross-functional meetings with R&D, Project Engineering, and Operations teams
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 10+ years of biological chemistry manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience using SPC and DFSS methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to define robust measurement systems
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.