Show All Results
Scientist 1, Viral Clearance Services
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Scientist 1 your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new and innovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Perform assays/ testing to GMP compliance for a laboratory within Biologics. This position may have Study Director responsibilities. For all assigned GLP studies, fulfills all aspects of the Study Director role as required by regulations. May be required to work overtime or flexible shifts.
The Scientist 1 will perform safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The Scientist 1 is required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of BioReliance services, technical principles and applications. For GLP studies, perform all aspects of the role of Study Director with overall scientific responsibility for the study design, interpretation, and reporting of study results.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for specific defined area(s) of BioReliance business.
- Applies laboratory techniques and skills to complete experiments designed to address a variety of specific problems.
- Independently applies basic scientific principles in the design of experiments and the development of assays.
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.)
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management.
- Leads the completion of event records.
- Writes technical reports for internal use and collaborates on papers for external use.
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 1+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR –
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 2+ years relevant laboratory experience – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with 5+ years relevant laboratory experience
- Broad working knowledge of field and experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.