Show All Results
Commercial Project Manager 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Your Role: The Commercial Project Manager 2 (PM2) role is a dynamic customer facing position responsible for leading the evaluation, costing, and execution of custom solutions supporting the Diagnostics Solutions (DxS) business. This position works closely with sales, operations, and quality to quote, coordinate, and lead complex custom projects. The PM2 applies technical expertise in prioritizing and managing deliverables, and is able to identify, communicate and escalate potential project bottlenecks with the goal of providing timely solutions to our Applied Customers. This position is the primary point of contact between MilliporeSigma and the customer during an active contract manufacturing project and may continue to offer support during ongoing commercial business. You are accountable for projects within a clearly defined scope and milestones. You must be comfortable working with moderate to low levels of guidance and direction within clear or even broad guidelines. Abilty to travel up to 10%. Additional Responsibilities include:
- Lead large customer-facing and operational meetings as well as establish customer rapport
- Responsible to make complex decisions quickly
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe
- Planning and scheduling, problem solving skills including root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of FDA Regulations, with emphasis on GMP and ISO13485 to effectively manage the quality aspects of the custom projects
- Able to complete product costing analysis for complex, multi-product projects
Who you Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotech, Chemistry, Life Science or relevant field
- 3+ years of Operations experience in life science manufacturing.
- 5+ years of project management and/or experience leading or working on complex customer facing projects
- 2+ years of experience working with SAP and/or other operational systems
- MBA or advanced degree in chemistry or biological sciences
- Extensive technical knowledge as it relates to production, analytical methodologies, and packaging of Biologics
- Knowledge of Project Management and Process Improvement methodology
- General financial knowledge and business acumen
- Excellent organizational, and time management skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.