Show All Results
Engineering Technician Supervisor
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of the Engineering Technician Supervisor involves part planning and coordination of the technician daily workflow to supports various department while ensuring that production goals of the organization are met. An engineering technician supervisor is primarily trained in the skills and techniques related to a specific branch of equipment, with a practical understanding of the relevant engineering concepts and strong understanding for mechanical and electrical framework to support a cross functional team. Engineering technician supervisor often assist engineers and various departments in projects relating to research and development or focus on post-development activities like implementation or preventative maintenances procedures and forms. Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be flexible to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Supporting various departments (Production, Quality Assurance, Quality Customer Care, Prototype, R&D and Warehouse).
- Ability to communicate to the manufacturing team of any issues or opportunities that may affect product quality.
- Ability to lead team and reduce equipment downtime. This include utilization, prioritizing, and implementation of time management to increase efficiency.
- Maintains efficiency and upkeep of critical manufacturing equipment through effective troubleshooting techniques and data analysis.
- Identifies and improves equipment downtime and increase equipment uptime opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and participation in shift changeover with colleagues.
- Investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking for known solutions related to these more complex issues.
- Cooperate and communicate with Production leads and supervisors to ensure that scheduled target is met.
- Demonstrates high equipment and process knowledge for various manufacturing processes.
- Effective interpersonal skills required to successfully interact with cross functional teams.
- Ability to lift or move equipment/material weighing up to 50 pounds, with or with accommodation.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose a variety of documents, with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately.
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft Offices and math skills to allow for the accurate recording of engineering data.
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools and test equipment.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of materials, operations and machinery involved in manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently, or in teams, as per the instructions of manufacturing leadership. Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Successful completion of internal or external trainings for communication and leadership skills.
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Certification completion of training and can perform all equipment scheduled, unscheduled and change over.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.