Show All Results
Head of Digital & Data, Performance Materials (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
You will be joining our company to shape and implement the data & analytics strategy for the Performance Materials business. You will lead a multifunctional and matrixed team in a highly collaborative environment, pushing the boundaries in terms of technology, data practice and entrepreneurship around data to deliver outstanding solutions for our customers and exponentially to ultimately increase value-creation (esp. sales growth & margin expansion).
In your role as Head of Digital & Data for Performance Materials, you will work with business leaders to implement and evolve our sector data strategy, fill, manage and prioritize our data analytics use case portfolio, and construct & operate our data governance model in line with common processes, policies and practices across our Group.
In this capacity, you will provide the environment to drive tangible value-creation for our customers and make life easier for use case teams and implementation. Based on a common technology stack and data analytics platform centrally developed, you will select and manage critical data assets in our sector, evalute and implement technology instantiation, establish leading data practices, and partner with business leaders on identifying, prioritizing and executing data & analytics use cases.
This will be accomplished both through a team of direct reports, as well as managing a larger network (e.g. use case owners, subject matter experts, sponsors, data engineers) within the company.
Of critical importance is to partner with senior leadership in identifying, prioritizing and implementing use cases.
The role will include a large enablement component, providing the Performance Materials business with the skill acquisition to drive data analytics from within the business. Your job is to exponentially increase data literacy across the organization.
To accomplish these tasks, you will need to establish a strong foundation in improving data quality and governance, establishing clear ownership and procedures for data sets. The intended benefits would be to reduce complexity for your partners, enable a fast and low cost data acquisition and use case delivery, and positioning our data as a strategic asset. Our ambition is to make data universally accessible to be able to maximize value creation for our customers through analytics.
You will be empowered to deliver this through your leadership in target setting and resource allocation, establishing roles & responsibilites, and shaping your team.
Who you are:
- Thought leadership in data analytics in the electronics innovation ecosystem
- Track record in tangible value creation and building new businesses & business models through data analytics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, strong analytical skills, big-picture thinking paired with getting things done practice
- Proven experience in understanding digital and leveraging data and analytics assets to drive strong business outcomes
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile product development environment
- Exceptional influence and leadership skills, ability to influence key customers, senior leaders, peers, and team members (both technical and non-technical); ability to translate between senior leadership and the data community
- Ability to structure and plan highly complex topics into manageabel work packages
- Ability to prioritize and alignment business objectives with financial and resource restrictions and ambitions
- Ability to work with global, highly-matrixed agile product teams
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile product
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field (math, statistics, computer science, data engineering)
The role can be based locally flexible in Germany, the US, Korea or Taiwan.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.