Show All Results
Senior Scientist, Process Development
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to be a part of a cutting-edge gene therapy process development team for the Carlsbad Viral Vector Manufacturing facility. The candidate will support the development of unit operations for viral vector production utilizing best practices to optimize viral yields across multiple viral types. You will also provide input for areas of innovation, new product development, and technical representation to advance MilliporeSigma as the leader in contract viral vector manufacturing.
- Primary lead and scientific resource for a wide variety of internal and client-driven projects to develop cGMP compatible viral vector production processes.
- Responsible for understanding the scope of work, generating all related documentation, executing the studies, developing and executing analytical assays, analyzing results, and writing development reports.
- Interface with clients prior to initiating programs to provide technical guidance, as well as throughout the project to provide updates and troubleshooting when needed.
- Support technical process transfers internally and from 3rd party sites.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert with Business Development and Contracting to generate the scope of work for new projects as well as provide projected costing.
- Work cross-functionally with the Tech Transfer and Manufacturing teams to facilitate the transfer of the processes from Process Development into GMP Manufacturing.
- Support Process Characterization and Process Validation studies.
- Provide technical support during client and regulatory agency site audits as needed.
- Communicate effectively with Technical Operations Leadership team, internal and external network partners and the Product Teams.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Sciences with 15+ years of Biotech, Pharma, Medical Device or Manufacturing work experience
- Master’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Sciences with 10+ years of Biotech, Pharma, Medical Device or Manufacturing work experience
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Sciences with 7+ years of Biotech, Pharma, Medical Device or Manufacturing work experience
- 7+ years hands-on experience in Upstream OR Downstream Bioprocessing unit operations and development of analytical assays
- 7+ years in cGMP manufacturing and Quality Systems within an FDA regulated environment
- Experience with viral vector production at the research and pilot scale, mammalian cell culture processes (adherent and in bioreactors), and single-use systems
- Analytical assay experience (ddPCR, ELISA, FACS, HPLC, SDS PAGE)
- Experience with downstream unit operations (clarification, tangential flow filtration, and chromatography)
- Ability to exercise significant judgment when analyzing complex projects and demonstrate a high level of scientific achievement and understanding
- Experience with JMP or similar software for experimental design and analysis
- Innovative approach to problem-solving and integrated view of business/scientific issues
- Ability to promote a culture of continuous improvement within Process Development; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in client service
- Ability to lead by example, offer scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members (training and scientific support for ongoing projects)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.