Show All Results
Environmental, Health Safety and Security Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The EHS&S Manager will provide Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety, Environmental & Security support to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries (and illnesses), emissions to the environment. The EHS&S Manager will develop and maintain strong cross functional relationships with various groups within the company to help foster a World Class Safety Culture. This position is dedicated to single site support.
- Ensure that all applicable EHS programs and associated trainings are developed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for hazardous waste management, incident investigation, emergency response and EHS regulatory reporting.
- Prepare EHS compliance related reports and ensure correspondence, both internally and with regulatory bodies.
- Report EHS KPI’s
- Implement and sustain ISO14001 and ISO45001
- Ensure site personnel are competent in performing Risk Assessments and ensuring needed Risk Assessments are completed.
- Prepare EHS compliance related reports and correspondence, both internally and externally (regulatory bodies).
- Ensure site is prepared for and ready to respond in the event of emergency.
- Provide site security support.
- Perform public speaking to include meeting with and provide training for site personnel.
- Wear PPE including emergency response equipment.
- Walk and climb steps routinely.
- Work in ambient temperature and humidity environments.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- 6+ years of experience in the Environmental, Health & Safety field
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or another science related discipline
- EHS-related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical, or pharmaceutical industry
- Site security officer experience
- Knowledge of biological safety, chemical safety and warehouse safety practices.
- ISO 14001 and 45001 program experience
- Experience in the development of Injury and Illness Prevention Programs
- Six Sigma Blue Belt certification (or higher) or equivalent
- Previous experience in Manage multiple projects and multiple locations; excellent time management skills
- Past management of complex problems with ingenuity and innovation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with outside contacts
- Experience in conducting Job Hazard Analyses and managing corrective actions
- Experience in completing environmental permitting requirements
- Ability to contribute to development of new EHS concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Previous experience in working with job hazard analysis, industrial hygiene monitoring, hazardous waste identification, collection and disposal, wastewater treatment, spill control and emergency planning, contractor safety, and safety engineering reviews
- Experience in CIH, CHMM, CSP or ASP
- Public speaking experience to include meeting with and provide training for site personnel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.