Show All Results
Data Engineer - Hosted Catalog Optimization (Remote)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As the Hosted Catalog Optimization Data Engineer, you will design, develop, and update data pipelines and data repositories to shape our data delivery for our customers. You will be instrumental to enhancing the reliability, speed, and accuracy of our product data that we deliver to our customers. Additionally, you will interact with a variety of data sources in a service-oriented architecture, ranging from legacy databases, to API endpoints and cloud resources.
You will utilize Big Data management and analytic debugging skills which are a plus for data quality assurance for our customers and the B2B team. Furthermore, in this position you will interact with our customers and help drive and develop new API’s for data delivery for our customers. Knowledge of SQL, Python, and API’s (REST, gRPC, JSON, SOAP) is required. Knowledge in data management, serialization, system architecture, SWE/SRE, and familiarity in working with cloud platforms like GCP and AWS is required.
In this role you will often collaborate with other Data Engineers, SWE’s/SRE’s, Data Analysts/Scientists/Owners, Business Owners, and other internal and external stakeholders. Knowledge of other open source tools like Apache products Beam/Kafka/SOLR and/or additional languages like go or java is a plus. Knowledge of security standards OAuth 2.0, JWT tokens, TLS/mTLS, encryption, hashing, etc. is a plus.
Ability to travel up to 20% travel.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Scientific or Informatics field.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL or NoSQL databases, such as BigQuery, SQL, Python, Flask, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with E-Commerce technology stack – Node, SOLR, Cassandra, API, REST, JSON, SOAP, etc.
- Experience working in agile methodologies (Git), and scrum teams.
- Experience building/managing data pipelines/messaging on premise and cloud: SQL, BigQuery, Redshift, Redis, Kafka, Cloud Dataflow, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to design and build services with complex functionality.
- Ability to understand and parse XML, JSON and data serialization.
- Working experience with cloud platforms in GCP and AWS and their solution offerings.
- Coding competency in data management in Redis, App Engine, Apache products, etc.
- Working knowledge of web protocols RESTful APIs, gRPC, JSON and SOAP.
- Familiar with security standards such as OAuth 2.0, JWT tokens, two-way TLS/mTLS (1.2), encryption algorithms, hashing with SHA-256, etc.
- Familiar with Node frameworks such as NestJS, KoaJS, etc.
- Team player and self-starter with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills. Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and create relationships.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.