Show All Results
Maintenance Technician III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Machine Maintenance Technician III will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on manufacturing equipment and setting up production equipment in a fast-paced environment. This includes adjustments, routine set up changes, machine rebuilds, support engineering and helping to mentor others within the team. This position is 80% mechanical and 20% machine/electrical controls.
Responsibilities of this role will include proper chemical handling; to evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities; diagnosing medium to high complexity circuits; reading electrical schematics and mechanical prints and more.
- Ability to safely lift 45lbs
Who you are:
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED, etc.)
- 5+ years machine maintenance experience
- 5+ years’ experience utilizing Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Facilities background with working experience on industrial electrical and water systems
- Working knowledge of electrical theory
- Strong mechanical skills including electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatics
- Understands operation/setup of various electrical devices (i.e. sensors, motors)
- Good understanding of PC and HMI functionality.
- Basic robotic knowledge including point teaching
- Experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety (QEW), etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High understanding of general project management principles
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability and willingness to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.