Show All Results
Warehouse Operator 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for the receipt of all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods. Routes or delivers material to storage or production areas. Safely operates a variety of material handling equipment, which may include narrow aisle, wire guided Operator up machines. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 2:00PM-10:30PM.
The Warehouse Operator 3 at Millipore Sigma will receipt and put away of all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods. Unload trailer using power equipment, verify freight and sign bill of lading. Sort, inspect and receive in the appropriate system IE SAP. Put product away using scanner or computer system. Resolve Product issues with Procurement. Schedule dock appointments with carriers. Packs items for shipment to customer. Checks chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing or receiving instructions. Packs the material, following established procedures and instructions while complying with hazard regulations. Applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations.
Fulfill internal supply orders and accurately select and stage product with use of power equipment. Maintain record of orders and select and put away material using narrow aisle, wire guided machines. This includes use of “operator up” machines. Communicate and resolve discrepancies with internal customers and deliver product to on site customers and put product into storage areas. Maintain inventory accuracy and perform all necessary adjustments and moves in the appropriate system. Communicate with Procurement any discrepancies or product issues. Communicate with Customer Interface Departments on shipping issues, expedites priorities. Audit counts verify actual location with system and remove and ship all defective material to vendors. Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned. Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
- May occasionally wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- The employee will operator equipment at 30” heights.
- Employee will use computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- Ability to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- The employee may occasionally lift more poundage with assistance.
- This job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- The employee will also type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Pay Rate: 17-18/hr DOQ
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or HSED OR GED equivalent
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment; trucks, and forklifts
- 1+ year work experience in a warehouse setting
- Shipping regulation knowledge and scanner proficiency
- Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials
- Basic PC skills
- Operate SAP and WMS systems.
- Understand basic shipping regulations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.