Show All Results
Fertility Partnership Manager, NYC and Albany Territory
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care. As the US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, we integrate cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. We have a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology. We have been exclusively focused in specialty care for more than 40 years.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The successful candidate will make a significant contribution in supporting the brand strategy targeting both healthcare professionals and patient journey influencers within a defined geography. In addition, will develop a geographic plan including HCPs, SPs, and IVF patient journey influencers to manage sales performance (Gross and Net Sales) at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing, and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short- and long-term objectives by analyzing data to recognize territory trends, competitive activity, and identifying customer needs to provide solutions to create a professional relationship between our customers and EMD Serono.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Primary territory is NYC (Upper East Side focus, Westchester and North to Albany)
• Lead the development and execution of specific promotional programs and tactics to achieve operating plan and market share goals for Gonal-f and portfolio products.
• Manage the HCP engagement process and associated compliance requirements for Marketing related programs.
• Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for responsible programs and track progress through regular analysis.
• Work in close collaboration with Training and Field Sales Management to ensure successful development and implementation of programs, tools, and services with consistent marketing messages .
• Refine and enhance marketing strategy and tactics based on market experience, new clinical data, and market research/business intelligence findings.
• Translate strategy to execution by coordinating development and execution of marketing tactics based on customer insights in line with the overall brand strategy.
• Prioritize strategies and tactics based on potential value to the Fertility brand.
• Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and TA guidelines.
• Create and execute territory and key strategic account plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth of our fertility portfolio.
• Focus on customers driving decision-making, and engaging with capabilities, skills, tools and resources best fit to meet their needs.
• Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
• Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs as directed by TA leadership.
• Maintain an expert operating knowledge of all company policies and guidelines including but not limited to those addressing interactions with healthcare professionals, Compliance, Business Conduct and PhRMA.
• Demonstrate proficient skill level with customer facing responsibilities, critical thinking, analysis, and planning skills.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Fertility medical community, engaging in disease state discussions that engender thinking while identifying needs and providing solutions.
• Develop and maintain strong working knowledge and relationships with decision makers in the reimbursement and managed health care area as appropriate.
• Plan and execute strategic territory and key strategic Account plans consistently, utilizing approved tactics That advance education about EMD Serono products and programs, utilizing key company messages to meet Key Account Plan objectives.
• Develop and maintain a collaborative approach with EMD Serono peers and teammates, such as Marketing, Sales, Medical Operations, Training, Managed Markets, and external specialty pharmacy partners.
• Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of SPM role.
• Recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to and maintain a level of confidentiality as required both internally and externally.
• Maintain a professional demeanor consistent with EMD Serono pharmaceutical sales philosophy, protocols and guidelines.
• Maintain an excellent level of continuous-improvement, personal and professional growth to grow territory sales and accomplish territory objectives.
• Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management helping to propagate a single (ONE) team approach to the business.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND LANGUAGES REQUIRED
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position.
• English required. Other language skills may be considered a plus.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE (years’ experience minimally necessary for success in role)
• Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
• Experience in Fertility and Specialty Biologics markets highly desired
• Scientific or clinical background desirable.
• Large account management experience highly desired
• Experience with pharmacy and other collaboration partners highly desired
• Experience selling in highly competitive markets highly desirable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.