Show All Results
Scientist - Raw Material Support
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Technical Operations Scientist – RM Support is a highly technical position within the Global Design Operations team that must perform ICP-MS testing on raw materials and finished product to support daily operations of cell culture manufacturing across all media sites as well as MilliporeSigma’s trace metal initiative. The trace metal initiative is a critical element to MilliporeSigma’s impurity control strategy.
- Perform ICP-MS trace metal analysis and interpretation of data. As the laboratory analytical capabilities develop incorporate different analytical assays into the program
- Prepare/review test reports and summaries.
- Coordinate trace metal testing samples and delivery of results for the following customers:
- Raw material quality release testing
- Finished product quality release testing
- Raw material qualification testing
- Change notification support
- Bioservices testing
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for maintenance and operation of laboratory. Perform reviews of methods for continuous improvement of all laboratory operations.
- Maintenance of laboratory, documentation and records to meet GMP requirements and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental governance.
- Participate and/or drive assay development, assay transfers, or assay validations as needed.
- Investigation and resolution of deviations.
- Draft justifications for additional equipment or support as needed.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related Scientific or Engineering field.
- 3+ years Quality Control, R&D, and / or analytical method development / instrumentation experience.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience leading projects or as a key team member on cross-functional scientific projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency writing technical reports, presentations, and professional correspondence.
- Demonstrated understanding of scientific / materials analysis requirements and Quality systems in a GMP or regulated environment.
- Strong technical understanding of the fundamentals of analytical chemistry.
- Theoretical and operational understanding of spectroscopy techniques.
- Experience in method development for quantitative analysis of trace metals.
- Strong fundamentals and practical experience in the use of statistics
- Hands on experience with ICP-MS instrumentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks and projects with minimal direction.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.