Show All Results
Senior Communications Manager, Life Science APAC
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As the Senior Communications Manager, you will support the Merck Life Science APAC Communications Head in supporting external and internal communications ina fast and growing region. In particular, you will assist in boosting the adoption of our internal communications platform (Eva) and driving communications and social media initiatives across the region. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to pursue a professional communications career in a multi-national corporate environment.
Based in Singapore, you must establish excellent and collaborative working relations with our regional and global communications colleagues.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support the implementation of external communications activities to build a strong brand and positioning of Merck Life Science in APAC.
- Coordinate communication events/campaigns in APAC and in Singapore.
- Develop quality communication collateral.
- Act as brand consultant to ensure compliance with brand guidelines.
- Support internal communication activities in APAC.
- Coordinate and lead the production of success stories, digital and video messages.
- Organise internal events e.g. townhalls, staff gatherings, forums, web-based conferences.
Social Media Communications
• Act as center of excellence for digital branding & reputation management
• Foster relationships with channel owners & managers in order to influence SM compliance/behavior
• Educate and train on global guidance, best practices, issue management.
• Work to limit the number of SM accounts in the region via Account Initiation Guide.
• Provide access to global content & tools to enhance local accounts (i.e., Sprinklr, Studio M)
• Maintain updated library of APAC SM accounts and owners.
- Support the running of day-to-day communications activities to ensure operational excellence in delivery of communications service to all internal stakeholders in APAC.
- Coordinate global and regional projects as assigned.
- Minimally a Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Communications or Marketing-related field.
- Familiar with developing digital content and social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- A creative mindset and a strong aesthetic sense.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Strong planning/project management capability.
- Excellent oral and written command of English. Chinese fluency is desirable.
- Confident in consulting internal clients
- At ease to liaise at all hierarchical levels
- Able to deal with stakeholders decisively
- A collaborative, engaging, positive team player
- A results-driven, 'can-do', self-starter personality
- A fast learner
- Able to grasp complex processes and projects
- Client-, service- and solution-minded
- Committed to high quality, also under pressure
- Energetic, diplomatic, flexible
- Proactive, confident, with high integrity
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com