Show All Results
SAP BW Application Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title- SAP BW Application Engineer
- As an SAP BW Application Engineer you will work with architects, leads, functional analysts, and other technical analysts to under-stand business requirement, design and build scalable solutions using SAP BI frameworks to successfully implement requirements that meet business need.
- Log all requests and queries in the case management and tracking system, accurately documenting and verifying the information provided, troubleshooting steps and activities performed.
- Triage and route issues to the appropriate business or technical resource for problem resolution. Facilitate problem resolution through coordination and escalation, monitor assigned problems to ensure adequate and timely resolution. Identify, analyse and documents problem trends.
- Communicate process compliance and regulatory information applicable to the Affiliate as appropriate - Diagnose and identify nature and criticality of requests, able to apply guidelines as applicable.
- Coordinate support activities with other Services and Operations teams including IT, Business Service Management and External Partners.
- Conduct regular data quality checks on captured spend data including analysing business objects spend reports and give feedback on data issues to relevant customer.
- Act as the first point of escalation for SAP BW data & reporting related issues to the customer
Scope of People Responsibility
- Manages own workload effectively and efficiently.
- Expands technical contribution and encourage knowledge management and promote the cross-fertilization of ideas and information between teams.
- Foster BI & other developers to grow and mentor to help ensure overall solutions are delivered on timely manner.
- Provides training for members of the team and ensures team effectiveness.
- May provide informal guidance and support to colleagues with less experience.
- Overall of 1-4+ year’s core experience in SAP BW, and related areas in a technical capability and a strong understanding of business functions to support business models. Good to have experience in ABAP and/or HANA.
- Good BI support experience.
- Able to work in shifts as 24/7 support project, work as rotation basis if necessary.
- Desirable to have SAP ABAP experience able to write/debug code routines
- Demonstrate extensive experience in areas of SAP BW and related tools including business objects tool sets.
- Can demonstrate value-add of solutions delivered which often accumulate to more than the of annual salary costs.
- Demonstrable experience as a constantly requested member for projects in past work experience and a solid track record of consistency and reliability.
Job specific Competencies & Skills
- Highly committed Team Player
- Excellent written and Communication Skills
- Good Business Acumen
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- In-depth proven practical technical experience in SAP business data warehouse experience to support Business intelligence applications.
- Project experience of chosen environment SAP BW, BW on HANA, BOBJ and related front-end tools.
- ABAP coding
- Able to quickly gain users confidence & build strong partnership with them and other IT colleagues in supporting different solutions related to business intelligence type analytics and data warehousing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-skilled – in different BI technologies in the SAP ecosystem including SAP BW , business objects and BO data services.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com