Show All Results
Program Manager & SAP Next Site Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for strategic projects supporting the Lenexa, KS, Cell Culture Media site. You will lead the SAP Next implementation project, working closely with local/global key users and other business functions to ensure readiness for SAP deployment. You will also manage other initiatives linked with the site's 3-year strategic plan, most notably to improve customer experience and drive execution of the site master plan. Essential job functions include:
- Lead strategic projects, involving multiple departments or being the contact person between the Lenexa site and other sites/functions
- Manage project team to execute projects effectively and efficiently, defining scope, budget and schedule for projects involving operations
- Control resource allocation and provide updates to relevant stakeholders
- Conduct regular project status meetings involving site leadership team
- Identify project risks and recommend appropriate solutions
- Track, monitor and control project expenses, performing frequent assessments and providing solutions to keep it within budget
- Identify and manage relationship with project stakeholders, providing regular updates
- Ensure project deliverables meet customer expectations
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math or business
- 5+ years working in Operations/Manufacturing site, demonstrated familiarity with basic functions of the various departments (eg: Planning, Quality, Production, Engineering, Maintenance, etc)
- 3+ years managing complex business, operations or commercial projects in large corporations
- Excellent project management skills: defining priorities, tasks, plans and resource requirements, critical path identification and management, systemic thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Team building, motivation and leadership skills in settings of individuals with diverse background. Capability of evaluating, negotiating and communicating resource requirements for diverse tasks
- Demonstrated results-oriented behaviors in a large/complex project situations
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of your time)
- Project management certification (eg: PMP/PMI or equivalent)
- SAP user knowledge, or experience with previous SAP implementations
- MBA or post graduate degree
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.