Show All Results
Distribution Associate 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Distribution Operator 3 position at Millipore Sigma ypically reports to a Manager role or Project Manager (for a defined period of time) based on organizational set-up, may have a lead person for day-to-day guidance. Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee also will type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors. Daily activities include reading, following and understanding operating procedures.
- Occasionally loads and unloads freight.
- Inventories, orders, receives, and stores all needed materials using SAP.
- Operates required equipment to produce documents for workload.
- Locates, moves, delivers or returns all required materials to proper areas.
- Prepares materials for shipment.
- Accurately documents all movement of materials.
- Audits inventory locations to maintain inventory and location accuracy.
- Follows procedures to complete full location audits.
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions.
- Condenses, straightens, and maintains warehouse areas.
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues.
- Assists with training new employees.
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management.
- Maintains exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
- Receives material from outside vendors.
- Scans or meters product into the shipping system.
- Prepares materials for shipment, verifies that all the appropriate markings and labels are present all packages to comply with company procedures and DOT, IATA, and IMO regulations, making corrections when necessary.
- Restocks and selects product to the following storage locations not requiring material handling equipment; ambient carousel, cooler/freezer carousel, all storage zones and remote storage locations.
- Works overtime as needed, often on minimal notice.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching or crawling for long periods of time.
- Standing on feet for an entire eight hour shift.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 60 pounds unassisted.
- Using close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and frequently adjusting focus.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1 + years warehouse experience
- Shipping regulation knowledge
- Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Experience working in a group environment.
- Experience with PCs, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc) and various cutting instruments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.