Show All Results
Senior Calibration Technician
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Senior Calibration Technician is primarily responsible for managing vendors, coordinating the calibration, preventive maintenance, and service repair work to be performed for Validation Services. Additionally, the Senior Calibration Technician will be the primary record keeper for all equipment monitoring and maintenance of historical data pertaining to equipment calibration, preventive maintenance, and service repair work. The Senior Calibration Technician will also keep an open channel of communication for reporting abnormal findings to laboratory management at all times and will serve as a key investigator into equipment-related non-conformances.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Metrology or other discipline or Associate’s degree in Science, Metrology or other discipline with 1+ years’ experience in performing calibration checks, scheduling/coordinating preventative maintenance, vendor management, validation and quality operations or a High School Diploma/equivalent with 5+ years’ experience in performing calibration checks, scheduling/coordinating preventative maintenance, vendor management, validation and quality operations
- 5+ years’ experience in performing calibration checks, scheduling/coordinating preventative maintenance, vendor management, validation and quality operations
- Experience in software and equipment validation
- Knowledge of GLP/GMP regulations
- Ability to manage the laboratory workload and meet deadlines
- Proven track record to collaborate across various groups and across multicultural environments
- Ability to work in an intense, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence and the ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of metrology principles, building automation systems, validation and vendor/supplier management
- Superior interpersonal communication, presentation, facilitation, delivery and organization skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, and flexible
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.