Show All Results
IT Head China
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As our IT Head in China you take an active role in shaping our local IT. You will represent the local IT and act as a counterpart of the Country Managing Director. You will ensure consistent communication to our businesses in China and act as an interface between the country council and (global) IT Units for solution advisory and topic resolution. As the IT first point of contact in the country, you will coordinate and liais for all IT matters between our businesses, IT, internal and external bodies, e.g. Group Internal Audits, functional QA, regulatory audits, etc. You will also connect to all country IT members to ensure an ongoing information flow and exchange. Your responsibility remain with the respective global IT units for corrective actions. You will ensure to be kept informed and oversee quality and user experience of the core IT Services. You will manage escalations as well as collecting and providing local business feedback to our global IT unit. With your broad knowledge of the IT landscape, you will provide insights on country specifics to the IT Leadership Team and their direct reports in formal and informal settings (e.g. information that could impact IT country strategy).
Who You Are:
- 9+ years of experience in the area of Information Technology or similar in a multinational company with a broad understanding of global and local business perspectives
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar and/or Business administration, PhD/MBA are a plus
- Proven experience in leading complex, cross-functional IT projects in matrix organizations
- Solid understanding of industry and technology trends particular to our Healthcare and Performance Materials industries Business Sectors
- Strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Positive mindset with solution-oriented working style and proven ability to cope with uncertainty
- willingness to constantly challenge and improve existing local standards and align them with global guidelines
- fluent in English is a must, Mandarin or other Chinese language is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com