Show All Results
Data Steward Analytics Center of Excellence (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: This role is a unique blend of strategic and practical analytical data governance to enable data analytics work in a well mandated space Life Sciences sector. You are expected to set strategic directions and practically driving and establishing good analytical data practices in a big data environment, including areas such as data ownership, data movement standards and technical and non-technical quality assurance standards. You act as a recognized thought leader leveraging your industry experience when you drive the creation and continuous improvement of our analytical data practices. You actively challenge each part of the data practice to make sure the right level of governance is applied (not too much and not too little), and processes are fit-for purpose and support the success of our businesses. Everything you do is outcome focused. You will collaborate with the rest of the ACE organization, especially the Product Owner and Delivery team to provide support for the delivery of use cases through the ingestion and enhancement of data. You are comfortable to consult and educate the stakeholders on the use and purpose of the data and data practices. Finally, you are confident in applying your technical skills in ensuring data and engineering results.
Who you are:
- Master degree with a good coverage of Business Administration and Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience in data management and data governance covering strategic and operational implementations
- 3+ years working experience in working in a big data environment and developing data practices
- Exceptional experience in implementing and running data practices including technology, process, data and organization readiness aspects. The ability to change these through strong data thought leadership authority.
- Demonstrated the ability to “listen” to data, understand the processes that lead to its existence, its use and purpose and surface this data context for broader consumption from source to target.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that allow you to efficiently communicate complex parts of implementing good data practices and de-mystify topics such as data privacy. Demonstrated ability to lead difficult discussions in the data governance space and ability to craft a robust compromise
- Strong data provisioning and data managing skills in incl. data design, data cleansing and harmonization activities, metadata structures, object relations, data catalogue population etc ensuring the catalogued data is current, correct and supporting analytics activities
- Good and growing technical ability to verify data engineering work and lean into technical discussions with the data engineering team. Strong knowledge in SQL/Python/other query languages preferred.
- Proven ability to drive data practices work in a highly agile and iterative environment focused on the analytical use case outcomes. Help prioritize data work and be guided by use case prioritization.
- Confident in making data practices judgment calls oriented to drive the best possible business outcomes
- Strong ability to design data quality processes from defining, measuring, monitoring to defining and implementing corrective and preventive activities
- Good practical experience of industry data practice/governance models (DAMA, CMMI, DGI others) and data strategy frameworks (Gartner, St Gallen, others). Experience in defining and implementing data practice KPIs.
- Good knowledge in data privacy and security and being able to develop practices in this space together with the respective business functions such as IT security, Data Privacy Office, Government Affairs
- Having worked in a Pharma or Life science environment, regulated environment and GxP experience are a clear plus
- Bonus: Good experience in risk management and threat modelling. Having worked in environment where data was shared with third parties for commercial or compliance purpose
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com