Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is a unique blend of strategic and practical analytical data governance to enable data analytics work in a well mandated space in our Life Sciences business sector. You are expected to set strategic directions and establishing good analytical data practices in a big data environment, including areas such as data ownership, data movement standards and technical and non-technical quality assurance standards.
You act as a recognized thought leader leveraging your industry experience when you drive the creation and continuous improvement of our analytical data practices. You actively challenge each part of the data practice to make sure the right level of governance is applied (not too much and not too little), and processes are fit-for purpose and support the success of our businesses. Everything you do is outcome focused.
You will collaborate with the rest of the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) organization, especially the Product Owner and Delivery team to provide support for the delivery of use cases through the ingestion and enhancement of data. You are comfortable to consult and educate the stakeholders on the use and purpose of the data and data practices. Finally, you are confident in applying your technical skills in ensuring data and engineering results.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field
- 5+ years working experience in data management and data governance covering strategic and operational implementations
- 3+ years experience working in a big data environment and developing data practices
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field
- Exceptional experience in implementing and running data practices including technology, process, data and organization readiness aspects. The ability to change these through strong data thought leadership authority in highly agile environment focused on analytical use case outcomes. Strong data provisioning and data managing skills in incl. data design, data cleansing and harmonization activities, metadata structures, object relations, data catalogue population etc ensuring the catalogued data is current, correct and supporting analytics activities
- Good and growing technical ability to verify data engineering work and lean into technical discussions with the data engineering team. Strong knowledge in SQL/Python/other query languages preferred.
- Good practical experience of industry data practice/governance models (DAMA, CMMI, DGI others) and data strategy frameworks (Gartner, St Gallen, others). Experience in defining and implementing data practice KPIs.
- Having worked in a Pharma or Life science environment, regulated environment and GxP experience
- Good experience in risk management and threat modelling. Having worked in an environment where data was shared with third parties for commercial or compliance purposes.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.