Show All Results
QC Associate Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Quality Associate Scientist is responsible for planning and performing chemical analysis with a variety of techniques with an emphasis on HPLC and GC analysis. They will need to be able to solve analytical problems as needed and work independently and complete projects quickly. They will use analytical chemistry principles, practices, methods and techniques to perform a variety of assignments. A background knowledge of Compendial, Government, and ISO requirements and guidelines are needed. The Quality Control Scientist will demonstrate flexibility responding to changing priorities and effectively multi-task to complete projects on time. The Quality Associate Scientist has a background in running a variety of instruments and methods with a focus on HPLC and GC. As a Scientist in the group, the ability to collaborate with other members of the QC group to complete projects is essential. The candidate will have a strong background in Analytical Chemistry and have demonstrated skill with instrumentation in their past work experience, research and or education.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or another Life Science discipline OR Associates degree in a Life Science discipline and 2+ years’ experience working in a QC Laboratory
- Knowledge in Chromatography and utilizing analytical chemistry techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Experience working in a lab with chemicals.
- Knowledge of Lab Safety procedures and ALCOA+
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.