Show All Results
Assembly Operator II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Working independently and in coordination with the Production Team, Lead or Supervisor, the Assembly Operator is responsible for accurate and compliant manufacturing/assembly of various Life Science single use assembly’s filtration devices utilizing a variety of manual and semi-automated equipment and processes. Operates pneumatic tooling, manual tools and packaging equipment. Will perform basic troubleshooting and maintain equipment and area cleanliness. Interfaces and works with safety, quality, engineering and senior manufacturing personnel in identifying and implementing process improvements and process validations.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment
- Know and follow all Company safety rules, such as safe work practices, personal protective equipment, and standard operating procedures
- Serve as a good role model to peers for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others
- Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Quality Management System as they pertain to Materials Control, Handling, Line Opening/Closing, and labelling
- Verifies that product being moved has an appropriate Pallet Placard & QC Stamp before moving
- Wrap all Skids of Finished Goods or WIP & safely move them to their proper location
- Assist in relieving operators during breaks & lunches. (As per your supervisor’s schedule)
- Lift up to 35lbs, sometimes frequently
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Frequent hand/wrist movement
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical or life science industry
- Strong knowledge of QMS, ISO and cGMP
- Strong knowledge of good documentation practices
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in a regulated manufacturing industry (medical device, pharma, biotech)
- Ability to operate PCs, printers, Word, Excel, Access, Oracle
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both verbally and written
- Demonstrates a high attention to detail
- Lean Manufacturing certification
- Ability to work in a complex and fast paced environment
- High intellectual horsepower with proven problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative and likeable team player
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner
- Strong understanding of general assembly and packaging, including pack-out machine operation
- Strong understanding of product labeling requirements
- Strong understanding of good documentation practices with high paperwork accuracy
- Strong understanding of Product Integrity Testing requirements
- Capable in assembly and packaging of complex assemblies and/or complex product integrity testing.
- Strong quality focus
- Meets output targets set by line leads and/or supervisor
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Good communication skills and participation in shift changeover with colleagues and leads
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.