Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Our company is developing novel ultrasound platform technologies to enable automated manufacturing of cell and gene therapies. The technologies comprise patented acousto-fluidic systems and reagents for cell processing such as labeled and label-free cell selection, concentration, washing and differentiation. The current focus of the technical team is the development of an acoustic affinity cell selection system. This system uses modified ligands, e.g., antibodies and aptamers, to tag and capture the target cells. Our team needs a Biochemist with technical expertise in antibodies to develop our AACS ligand reagents.
- Be an independent thinker, innovator and contributor to the development of the AACS portfolio of biologic reagents
- Lead all method validation activities that are required for the reagent QC/QA
- Participate in process development, design of experiments, data analysis, post processing and presentation of data
- Write reports, contribute to Intellectual Property, and publish papers as needed
- Report to colleagues and management in a timely manner
Who you are:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology, Biochemical or Bioprocess Engineering, or similar degree, with several years of professional experience or MS degree with equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge in antibody biochemistry field, including conjugations (e.g. biotinylation or DNA oligos), purification, and analytics to determine antibody purity, identity, integrity and activity
- Experience with chromatography methods such as size exclusion, affinity chromatography, ion exchange
- Additional knowledge in one of the following areas is desirable: HPLC analysis of small molecules, immunology and cell-based assays
- Self-motivated with strong curiosity and driven to take on broader responsibilities around technology development
- Strong communication and teaming skills
- Strong experience with chromatography methods such as size exclusion, affinity chromatography, ion exchange.
- Knowledge in one of the following areas is desirable: HPLC analysis of small molecules, immunology and cell-based assays
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.