Show All Results
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job Title: Associate Scientists
Job Location: EMD SRDI, 45A Middlesex Turnpike, Billerica, Massachusetts, 01821
This position qualifies for EMD SRDI’s employee referral program.
The individual will work collaboratively with a group of scientists to develop and conduct in vitro cell-based assays to further our understanding of human autoimmune diseases and evaluate potential drug candidates.
Particular Job Duties:
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays using human primary immune cells or cell lines to support target validation and drug discovery efforts;
- Conduct translational biomarker studies using samples from patients with autoimmune diseases to support pharmacodynamics and target engagement biomarker discovery;
- Develop complex primary cell co-culture assays to support mechanism of action studies and/or drug candidate screening;
- Conduct gene expression or protein analysis;
- Prepare data reports to lab head and give presentations at internal and external meetings;
- Operate state of the art laboratory equipment such as Flow Cytometer, Luminex, MSD/EnVision plate reader and QPCR based expression platforms, as needed;
- Independently analyze and interpret data and troubleshoot experiments;
- Record data accurately in Electronic Laboratory Notebook and maintain records per company policy and legal requirements. Prepare study protocols and reports per request;
- Provide technical support to colleagues in own area of expertise when necessary; and
- Closely work with members in Cellular and Translational Immunology group to support departmental goals.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The Employer requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a closely related field and five years of progressively more responsible work experience culturing various cell lines, including complex primary cells.
Additionally, the successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell culture including primary patient-derived cell line and cell-based assay development (96-384 micro plate based) gained through five years of experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of cellular assays such as cell viability, clonogenic, soft agar colony formation and proliferation assays gained through five years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, western blot, immunoprecipitation and DNA/RNA/protein isolation gained through five years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of target validation, biomarker and drug discovery research gained through five years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Graphpad Prism, maintaining laboratory notebooks and preparing research protocols gained through five years of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of lentiviral vector construction, plasmid purification, cloning, transduction, transfection, tittering of shRNA vectors, lentiviral-based knockdown and overexpression gained through 2 years of experience; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of bioanalytical assays including view RNA ISH, staining on cells/ tissue section, ELISA, Luminex and MSD gained through one year of work experience.
All years of work experience may be gained concurrently.
Please send resumes to EMD SRDI, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Attn: Req. # 210346
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.