Show All Results
Quality Control Operator II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for quality control inspection of products to the established quality standards to meet customer demand and expectations. Additionally, optimizing operations to realize maximum efficiency and productivity. Understands and follows all written documents including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), forms, Test Methods, and Test Specifications. Ensures proper line opening and line closing for one or more complete operations, maintain a clean and organized work area, communicate to the manufacturing team of any issues or opportunities that may affect product quality, and adhering to company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) procedures.
Assignments are moderately complex, where judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations. May involve choosing from two or more pre-defined alternative courses of action. Works under general supervision, with some instruction given for routine work and detailed instructions for new types of work or special projects. Requires basic knowledge of how the team is organized and how own tasks relate to the others in the team/ unit. Impacts team performance through reliability and accuracy of own work.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Communicate with previous and following shifts the status of processes.
- Check the Material Lists and Lot #’s
- Coordinate material disposition activities in support of production requirements / consumptions.
- Perform Line Clearance of Materials & Equipment.
- Perform changeover activities
- Clean all material areas at the end of the shift.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with Supervisors, Operators & Management.
- Assist in relieving operators in tasks that do not impact your QC inspections (carts, materials, moving product etc.)
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Lift 50 lbs. while using company supplied safety equipment.
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of quality control or quality assurance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Associates Degree or higher.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Read, follow and understand operating procedures.
- Basic math and counting to large numbers without error.
- Willingness to learn multiple production operations and adjust quickly to new tasks.
- Computer related skills to perform data entry and print reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience sharing and advancing best practices.
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner.
- Highly self-motivated, have an intense customer focus and be able to satisfy both internal and external customer requirements.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.