Show All Results
Director/Associate Director - Alliance Management & Business Development (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
An exciting new development opportunity for a dual Alliance Management and Business Development role has arisen within our Global Business Development & Alliance Management unit. As a Director/Associate Director you are leading a portfolio of selected strategic partnerships and at the same time will be involved in selected Business Development projects. In this dual role you will be accountable for the following:
You create synergies from the differences between parties and enable the partnerships to deliver on their goals. Within the matrix, you are at the intersection of key functions such as Global Business Franchises, R&D, Commercial, Manufacturing, Finance, Legal to provide an enterprise view of the partnerships and ensure best outcome. As the primary point of contact and company representative in the Alliances, you manage/coordinate all aspects of strategic alignment, contract management, progress monitoring and proactively identify and manage important value drivers and key risks. In addition, you re-negotiate terms with partners, unblock difficult situations as they arise and gain internal feedback and approvals from various levels within the company including senior management.
You directly support the growth goals of our Healthcare business through in-licensing of novel assets (from discovery to commercial), technologies and diagnostic tools, as well as externalization of high-quality assets. You are involved in and/or leading identification, assessment and securing business development opportunities, deal structuring and negotiation. For transaction execution you work closely with the Franchise, BD and colleagues across all functions to execute transactions of multiple deal structures including in/out-licensing, co-development/commercial collaborations, combination studies, financing and M&A evaluation. You negotiate terms with partners and gain internal feedback and approvals from various levels within the company including senior management.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter, keen to grow, to develop junior members of the BD team and work independently depending on the scope and complexity of the project. This role requires a flexible problem-solving oriented mindset, ability to interact and build relationships with stakeholders from various part of Healthcare, across all therapeutic areas, as well as externally.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences and/or Business Administration
- Fluency in English is mandatory, 2nd or 3rd language is a strong plus
- 5+ years business experience in the pharmaceutical or life science industry
- Prior Business Development and/or Alliance Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage virtual teams through high impact influencing
- Experienced strategic thinker, with proven track record of synthetizing complex concepts into ready for decision options
- Experience in delivering presentations and recommendations to senior management audienceExcellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Goal-oriented, proactive, entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with an ability to Drive independently on projects from conception to completion
- Team player with professional and pleasant attitude and collaborative work style
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Ability to build and maintain contacts with partner companies
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
- Ability to see the big picture and attend to details, incl. awareness which approach is needed
- Organized, structured and able to work efficiently, while handling multiple projects
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com