Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Title: Data Engineer/ DevOps - Enterprise Big Data Platform
Job Location: Bangalore
Right to Hire requirement
In this role, you will be part of a growing, global team of data engineers, who collaborate in DevOps mode, in order to enable business with state-of-the-art technology to leverage data as an asset and to take better informed decisions.
The Data Engineering Team is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting automated end-to-end data pipelines and applications on data management and global analytics platform (Palantir Foundry, Hadoop, AWS and other components).
The Foundry platform comprises multiple different technology stacks, which are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure or on-premise own data centers. Developing pipelines and applications on Foundry requires:
- Proficiency in SQL / Java / Python (Python required; all 3 not necessary)
- Proficiency in PySpark for distributed computation
- Familiarity with Postgres and ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with common databases (e.g. JDBC, mySQL, Microsoft SQL). Not all types required
This position will be project based and may work across multiple smaller projects or a single large project utilizing an agile project methodology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop data pipelines by ingesting various data sources – structured and un-structured – into Palantir Foundry
- Participate in end to end project lifecycle, from requirements analysis to go-live and operations of an application
- Acts as business analyst for developing requirements for Foundry pipelines
- Review code developed by other data engineers and check against platform-specific standards, cross-cutting concerns, coding and configuration standards and functional specification of the pipeline
- Document technical work in a professional and transparent way. Create high quality technical documentation
- Work out the best possible balance between technical feasibility and business requirements (the latter can be quite strict)
- Deploy applications on Foundry platform infrastructure with clearly defined checks
- Implementation of changes and bug fixes via change management framework and according to system engineering practices (additional training will be provided)
- DevOps project setup following Agile principles (e.g. Scrum)
- Besides working on projects, act as third level support for critical applications; analyze and resolve complex incidents/problems. Debug problems across a full stack of Foundry and code based on Python, Pyspark, and Java
- Work closely with business users, data scientists/analysts to design physical data models
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in system engineering or software development
- 3+ years of experience in engineering with experience in ETL type work with databases and Hadoop platforms.
Deep knowledge of distributed file system concepts, map-reduce principles and distributed computing. Knowledge of Spark and differences between Spark and Map-Reduce. Familiarity of encryption and security in a Hadoop cluster.
Data management / data structures
Must be proficient in technical data management tasks, i.e. writing code to read, transform and store data
Experience working with REST APIs
Experience in launching spark jobs in client mode and cluster mode. Familiarity with the property settings of spark jobs and their implications to performance.
Must be experienced in the use of source code control systems such as Git
Experience with developing ELT/ETL processes with experience in loading data from enterprise sized RDBMS systems such as Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.
Basic understanding of user authorization (Apache Ranger preferred)
Must be at able to code in Python or expert in at least one high level language such as Java, C, Scala.
Must have experience in using REST APIs
Must be an expert in manipulating database data using SQL. Familiarity with views, functions, stored procedures and exception handling.
General knowledge of AWS Stack (EC2, S3, EBS, …)
IT Process Compliance
SDLC experience and formalized change controls
Working in DevOps teams, based on Agile principles (e.g. Scrum)
ITIL knowledge (especially incident, problem and change management)
Fluent English skills
Any additional experience & knowledge is beneficial but optional
Specific information related to the position:
- Physical presence in primary work location (Bangalore)
- Flexible to work CEST and US EST time zones (according to team rotation plan)
- Willingness to travel to Germany, US and potentially other locations (as per project demand)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html