Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a key materials supplier to the semiconductor industry, we are facing ever more complex and dynamic manufacturing and supply chain challenges. How do we manage the complexities of our manufacturing systems effectively? Data! To take our operations to the next level, putting our data to work is key. As Data Engineer in our Manufacturing Intelligence team, you will develop cutting-edge big data solutions to streamline operations and provide the highest levels of quality to our customers in the semiconductor industry.
- Design and deliver digital solutions using big data tools to help groups like supply chain, quality, and operations improve manufacturing planning and logistics, process monitoring and control, and root-cause investigation.
- Develop robust, automated end-to-end data pipelines to feed downstream analytics and data science use cases.
- Collaborate with operational teams to understand and prioritize user requirements, formulate clear development roadmaps, perform testing and validation, and deploy digital solutions aimed at improving quality, increasing labor efficiency, and/or maximizing production capacity.
- Own and improve existing solutions, and act as the technical point of contact for users.
- Manage change control processes and communication with local business groups impacted by solutions to ensure alignment between all parties and proper documentation.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or computer science
- 2+ years of industry experience in a data engineering, data science, or data analytics function
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering and pipeline development using Python, Spark, and/or SQL
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization and dashboard design in Tableau
- 1+ years of experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Proficient using Python to perform data engineering, statistical modeling, and data visualization with libraries such as pandas, numpy, pyspark, scikit-learn, matplotlib, and seaborn.
- Experience using SAP or other ERP systems (Quattro, S/4HANA)
- Experience using Palantir Foundry and/or Alteryx analytics platforms.
- Experience using applied statistics to control and improve manufacturing operations.
- Ability to grasp complex data architectures quickly and independently.
- Capable of driving decision-making using data and visualization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills to explain solutions to non-technical business users.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html