Show All Results
Senior Automation Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Senior Automation Engineer - The role
- Lead / manage project teams through delegation, conflict negotiation, risk management, change order management, organizing and scheduling, and project performance audits
- Manage project internal and external interaction and expectations through the length of the project / contract scope including kick-off, run-off, approvals, and spare parts.
- Track and manage financials of the project including budget management, schedule of values, revenue management, invoice management, change order management, procurement management, and vendor payment assurance.
- Lead field management including installation, launch, and managing production support.
- Support project proposal development, reviews, and approval.process.
- Work with the global automation community to share and develop automation standards and documentation.
- Function as a mentor/guide for junior automation and project engineers.
- Identify solution/project concerns and limitations and manage the resolution of critical issues.
- Demonstrate leadership in Health, Safety and Environment compliance. Carry out system risk assessments, inspections, and audits as required.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Automation Engineering, Master degree preferred; or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of ten years automation or application experience.
- Minimum ten years project / program management experience.
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
- Experience in automation, robotics, or a related industry (material handling, machine vision, etc.) desired.
- Mechanical and process design knowledge a plus
- Experience with systems installation, instrumentation, and validation a plus
- Experience managing staff and automation projects
- Proven ability to establish and achieve project objectives.
- Experience in regulated industries
- Experience in Global automation initiatives desired.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, manage, and mentor project personnel and support groups.
Interpersonal skills for internal and external resource management (i.e., conflict negotiations).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html