Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a Materials Planner/Buyer you will oversee coordinating raw materials as well as other parts and resources that are necessary for the successful manufacture of our products. A successful candidate will be able to ensure the appropriate supply of materials required to maintain steady production and product delivery. Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to work on multiple activities and projects in an organized and timely manner.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Science/commerce, Operations, Business Management or Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience in manufacturing planning including inventory management, purchasing etc.
- Business Proficient in English
- SAP Experience
- Experience dealing with large amounts of complex data and customer focus
- Experience with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP/APO/BI)
- APICS certification, membership or APICS knowledge
- Experience in supply chain or logistics management, operations or product management, or other process-focused business positions, along with knowledge of work processes & Quality Management system.
- Proficiency in advanced planning systems (MRP, RCCP, CP), statistical forecasting tools and models
- Training/experience with S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process
- Experience working Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP / APO-PPDS to manage capacity and develop detailed production schedule
- Manage, Monitor and Control order booking and fulfilment to customers.
- Ensure MPS/MRP is run periodically, reviewed and converted to planned order / Supply element to produce Finished goods or parts based on master production schedule, capacity planning and inventory requirements.
- Work with material shortage reports and work closely with local buyer to manage critical components availability ensuring consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Manage the allocation plan for materials constrained ensuring the business priorities are met.
- Manage the system alerts as part of the daily functions to ensure the health of the supply chain and escalate if needed.
- Setting, maintaining, and reviewing the optimal inventory levels and or strategy of finished goods & Raw material in alignment with Global Supply Chain targets
- Working as a business partner with functional groups as part of the S&OP process to integrate sales forecasts into planning provisions
- Communicating effectively with internal and external partners (Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Commercial Team, and Suppliers)
- Utilize custom tools for Inventory management, planning etc. as the standard process.
- Support Process Improvement Projects to improve KPIs (Supply Reliability, Supply Gap, OTIF, DOI)
- Play Key support role in review and disposition of non-conforming materials.
- Use a systematic data driven approach to calculate potential risk and priority across the supply chain to make decisions.
- Coordinate raw material deliveries from third party warehouses for production (JIT).
- Produce reports and statistics regularly, monitor and control.
- Ensure compliance with internal and customer standards, processes, and procedures
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html