Show All Results
Megasys Technician - Gas Lead
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is immediately hiring for a non-supervisory Gas Lead Technician for its MEGASYS® team in Austin, TX, and offering a $1000 Sign-on Bonus! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- ** Sign on bonus of $1000 available! **
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks, strong 401k programs an access to healthcare!
In this role you will be responsible for employee development, hands-on scope of service support, and field training of respective employees for Gas related operations. You will ensure compliance in operation and maintenance procedures, emergency preparedness, and drive flawless execution. You will support the site as a subject matter expert for gas equipment responsible for providing technical expertise and support to TGCM operation and customer. You will be the primary customer contact for requests or problem resolution.
- Maintain quality management system compliance by enforcing total safety and quality standards across the site operation
- Responsible for tracking and trending all service and equipment related issues
- Communicate change across the organization
- Train and certify technicians to attain the level of competency required to perform service in each of the skill areas according to the scope of work
- Control and support the development of Qualification Manuals
- Monitor the compliance of safety & quality process requirements for the site
- Oversee site-level operating procedures and certification processes in accordance to QMS standards
- Ensure compliance for gas, chemical and slurry equipment preventive maintenance
- Support and assist in planning the installation of new delivery equipment focusing on parts, functionality, and programming standards
- Review specifications for new equipment
- Diagnose and understand the cause of alarms and helps customer modify systems as needed to address alarm conditions
- Provide gas and chemical system expertise to operations team
- Lead the site gas equipment commissioning and decommissioning.
- Coordinate project and non-standard maintenance activities with customer engineering representatives, site project teams, OEM representatives, and site contractors
- Support project schedules, reviews P&ID & schematics in support of project work
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance or equipment technician roles
- Technical degree or relevant technical training
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Prior experience working in a mechanical or electronic environment
- Experience with BCD/PCD and gas related equipment
- Experience with gas and/or chemical delivery systems in ultra-high purity operation
- Strong technical aptitude; excellent communication skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html