Show All Results
Data Engineer - MGF(HR)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a data engineer you will be part of a team delivering various data initiatives within the HR domain across Enterprise Technology. This will also involve a future state transformation program, as the team begins their journey to shape the data ecosystem for the HR business. You will join an Agile team with a diverse range of skills, which you'll be able to leverage to develop your own T-shaped skillset and grow your career.
The role will see you learning, being part of the transformation journey and engaging with the business daily, exposing you to opportunities to enhance your knowledge and understanding of the HR domain and systems.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated team player, a well-rounded engineer, with a solid understanding of the appropriate use of best practices and frameworks for data processing and analytics. You will be passionate about exploring the use of innovative technologies and techniques and evaluating them for suitability in our environment. You will have a strong interest in Data Engineering, with experience and/or classwork in the Data Science field, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- 4+ years of experience working with the Big Data ecosystem and 5+ years of software development experience.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Design and implement data pipelines in Spark/Python for Data Lakes and Data Warehouse.
- Experience with Palantir or AWS including any or all of EC2, S3, IAM, EKS and RDS.
- Working with a distributed framework such as Hadoop, and Spark.
- Querying with Big Data tools like Hive, Impala, Presto.
- Good understanding of data architecture principles including data modelling.
- Exposure to work in an Agile environment.
- A broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in the distributed computing environment.
- Experienced with handling data pipelines within HR domain
- Experience in Python and key data libraries (Pandas, pySpark)
- Working knowledge in API-based integration and lambda architecture for the modern system
- Working knowledge in data streaming and various messaging system
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html