Show All Results
Scientist - Analytical Development
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
At MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI we are seeking a Scientist, Analytical Development to develop and execute analytical testing methodologies supporting potential new products, technologies, and marketing campaigns.
- Develop, improve, or optimize analytical laboratory methods supporting ongoing research, process development, and custom chemical manufacturing
- Design and execute experiments with the goal to assess reaction conditions, raw material quality and final product purity
- Transfer the developed analytical platforms to quality control operations via departmentally supported procedures
- Maintain databases, document work and results accurately, and generate technical reports
- Establish credibility as individual contributor and work in a team to achieve goals, including meeting deadlines and productivity markers
- Execute appropriate online and literature searches in support of assigned work and/or troubleshooting
- Interpret spectral and other analytical data for structural elucidation and support of interpretation of process outcome
- Problem solving and troubleshooting in support of departmental or plant operations
- Present scientific rationales for unexpected experimental outcomes including out-of-specification products
- Participate in the quoting process and maintain an effective communication with customer
- Participate in the development of new technologies with applications in laboratory, in – line or at – line testing
- Assist process development team in establishing specifications for intermediates and final products
Who You are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Scientific discipline
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial analytical or quality control environment
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry or other Scientific Discipline with 3+ years of experience in an industrial analytical development or quality control environment OR PhD Degree in Chemistry or other Scientific Discipline
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and safe chemical handling
- Basic chemical analysis (GC, mp, HPLC, IR, UV, NMR) experience
- Knowledge of spectra interpretation and mathematics
- Experience with techniques such as ICP-MS, GC-MS, LC-MS, IC, optical spectroscopy and wet chemical analysis
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with writing (experimental procedures, reports, etc.)
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and knowledge of ISO Quality standards
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html