Show All Results
Production Operator II
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Production Operator III, you will follow standard operating procedures for mixing batches, filtering, bottling, and packaging finished products at both of our on-site facilities (AZM and BBM). As a Production Operator III, you will maintain batch records, enter test results into the SAP system, and collect samples from various packages, including raw materials, finished products, and stock solutions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Follow SOP and relevant WI for batch mixing, filtration and package activities in both AZM and BBM as requested
- Perform material inventory control through physical inventory and computer system (such as SAP, etc.), including releasing materials to the relevant batches of products.
- Maintain batch records, and enter testing results into system (e.g., SAP, etc.).
- Clean and prepare production equipment (e.g., kettle, line, pump, filter housing, etc.)
- Sampling from various package, including raw materials, finished products and stock solutions, production area, warehouse, office area and cleanroom housekeeping
- Packaging inspection
- Hazardous waste handling and inspection
- Calibration of manufacturing equipment
- Carton (box) assembly
- Connecting and disconnecting process equipment
- Operation of various Liquid Particle Counters inside and outside of cleanroom environment.
- Bottling and drumming of finished products in AZM and BBM, through Automatic Packaging Line and Semi-Manual Fill Station
- Purge and clean of fill manifold
- Relabel, repour and recaps Finished Goods as requested
- Use a computer and other office/manufacturing equipment to complete assignments
- Wear appropriate PPE such as hard hats, glasses/goggles with or without face shell, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes and other equipment as needed to protect oneself from chemicals in all forms.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 500 pounds with assistance.
- The work area may be both indoor and outdoor, and occasionally be wet, humid, hot, or cold.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of work experience in the chemical industry or chemical technical institutions
- College degree in a science or technology discipline
- 3+ years of work experience in the chemical industry or other chemical technical institutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to understand written work instruction
- Ability to operate or learn to operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Ability to operate weighing and measuring devices
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html