Show All Results
Contract & Proposal Manager (CPM)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We seek a self-starting, passionate Contract & Proposal Manager (CPM) with the analytical and creative skills needed to execute effective technical scope or work (SOW) writing and proposal/contract generation.
The Proposal Manager will report to the Head of the Viral Vector Project Management office (PMO) and assist the CPM staff in managing all essential team functions. In concert with the business development team, CPM holds responsibility for ensuring efficient generation of all proposals and contracts from initial client request through hand-off of the signed contract to the operations teams for implementation. The successful Proposal Manager candidate will have strong working knowledge of viral vector manufacturing processes gained from experience working in viral vector manufacturing, tech transfer, process development or a combination of these disciplines.
The Proposal Manager will have scientific/technical expertise, be proficient in business/office software applications, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and have an understanding of basic business principles. Under your guidance, the team is expected to deliver timely and accurate proposals for existing and new customers. The Proposal Manager will empower their colleagues and drive continuous improvements in processes and service offerings.
We are looking for a first-principles thinker who is energized by hard problems and has the ability to influence and motivate others.
This position is located with proximity to the Carlsbad, California site.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting of SOW and other technical contract documents and service descriptions.
- Working closely with Technical Sales and Business Development including interfacing with clients to define technical SOW and service descriptions.
- Acting as a liaison and gathering input from the operational / functional teams into the proposal/contracting process.
- Developing responses to client Requests for Proposal / Information (RFP/RFI).
- Generating new and updating existing technical service offering templates (standardized SOW templates).
- Developing labor, material, and other cost estimates in coordination with functional organizations.
- Maintaining the contract templates and the technical service offering template database.
- Perform price analysis and estimate-to-actuals variance analyses under supervision.
- Collaborate with the Program Management team in developing program schedules in MS Project.
- Performing special projects such as supporting process improvement plans.
- Data entry of signed contracts into business management software systems (Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Accounting System, Forecasting System.
- Minimal travel (less than 5%)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences related field (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) OR dual degree in Science and a Business-related major or minor with 6+ years of experience OR master’s degree in Life Sciences with 5+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience with MS Office (e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in the Life Sciences business sector (e.g. Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documents (for example: drafting technical SOW for services, protocols, and reports that are submitted to clients)
- Scientific knowledge and experience with viral vector process development, study design, production, and clinical manufacturing gained from training or direct lab experience highly preferred.
- Experience at a clinical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) or testing facility.
- Experience and/or willingness/desire to interface with clients/customers and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a willingness to “roll up your sleeves”.
- Knowledge or experience with the proposal and contracting process and experience with client Requests for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) and/or cost estimating and pricing.
- Experience with or knowledge of business software such as Salesforce.com/other CRM software, Business/ Accounting management software, ERM/ERP, and / or electronic signature software.
- Detailed oriented, conscientious about meeting expectations and timelines, and ability to deliver within a matrixed organization.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html